Tips for Making a Venison Burger
- Fresh meat is always a much better option if available.
- Venison meat is a very lean meat, which means that it can become very dry when cooked. If you grind your own venison meat, remember to add some fat. Pork or lamb fat always gives the meat excellent flavor and keep the meat from drying out. The best meat to fat ratio is 15%.
- Using quality ingredients for your venison burger will provide the best experience and the tastiest burgers. Always use the best and freshest tomatoes, onions, garlic, buns, etc.
- Only turn your burgers once, (whether it’s on the BBQ or stove). Never move them around and do not turn them more than once.
- Avoid over seasoning your venison meat. Salt and pepper should do the job.